Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thirty Years of Friendship!!!!



I can hardly believe that it has been 30 years...THIRTY YEARS since I met my BEST FRIEND in the world!!! I wouldn't trade her for anything!
I do wish that we lived closer though!!! This whole NJ/Florida thing just isn't working for me!
I miss being able to call my best friend and get a hug on demand! I DO know that if I really truly needed her that she'd be here asap!
I love you Staci, you are my beloved friend forever!
It takes a long time to grow an old friend. ~John Leonard
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,All losses are restored and sorrows end.~William Shakespeare
But oh! the blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely. Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away. ~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859
There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul. ~Edith Wharton

1 comment:

  1. You two are TRULY BLESSED to have each other if there are some miles between you. Not everyone can say they have had a best friend for so long a time period! :D

    ReplyDelete