Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps Practicing at WDHS

I was browsing through my highschool marching band website on August 6th...when I stumbled upon the fact that the Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps was practicing on the football field. The last time I was lucky enough to watch Drum and Bugle corps was back when I was in high school and went to a DCI championship. I remember it like yesterday and it was soooo exciting to watch. If you have never experienced a drum and bugle corp...then you really don't know what I mean.
I took my son Nick with me...he didn't understand the excitement I was exuding as we entered the field. He questioned my enthusiasm and was laughing at me. Once we were seated and he HEARD the thunder that the band creates that radiates through your body and rattles your chest, he finally understood what I was talking about. The smile on his face was worth the ribbing I had received...and he sat in awe while I took these pictures and the video at the bottom! I hope you enjoy!













































































1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I REALLY LIKE these shots!! LOVE the fact that they were taken at night! Great job with night shots! The thing I like the most about them is that the band is wearing just regular clothing. I wasn't expecting that. I thought they would be in formal garb and the fact that they are not is one of the reasons why the pictures are So Interesting!

    Have they ever been in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? I would love to hear them there and I bet Nick wouldn't mind watching them in it either. :)

    ReplyDelete